DEMOSPAZ Research program: Human Rights and the Culture of Peace in the framework of the 2030 Agenda
Year: 2019 –
Directs: Manuela Mesa
Research Group: members of the University Institute of Human Rights, Democracy, Culture of Peace and Nonviolence (DEMOSPAZ)
The program that addresses the 2030 Agenda in Higher Education and in particular SDG 16: “Promote peaceful, fair and inclusive societies” inside the university environment. It offers analytical keys to better understand the complex processes of today’s world, as well as conceptual frameworks that help establish related relationships between the various problems that affect humanity in the framework of the 2030 Agenda. It also presents an updated picture and knowledge of the main proposals and alternatives that are being developed from various social and political actors. The following topics will be addressed:
- Climate emergency (SDG 13 and SDG 15).
- Green growth and regenerative economies (SDG 15)
- School segregation: a challenge for education (SDG 4 and SDG 10)
- Culture of Peace and within the framework of the 2030 Agenda (SDG 16).
- The 2030 Agenda and Latin America
- Urban violence: participatory methodologies for action (SDG 11)
- The rights of children on the 30th anniversary of the Convention: where to move forward.
- Property of knowledge and open science. (SDG 4).
- ICT for peace. Ana Barrero
- Migrations, borders and gender. (SDG 5)
- Educational Inclusion (SDG 4)
- Art and Peace (SDG 16 and SDG 4)
More information at: http://ods.ceipaz.org/